Your privacy is important to Unified Patents. We appreciate that you want to know what information we will collect about you and how we will store and use such information.
What information do we collect?
Unified Patents will collect and process certain Information about you and your use of our Site, including:
- Information such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, etc.
- If you register with us as a Researcher, we will require you to create an account with a username, password and other login details.
- If you register with us as a Researcher, we will collect additional Information about you, such as educational background, employer, eligibility to work on certain matters, banking information for payment processing, etc.
- Communications and Information that you submit to us, including responses to questions that we may pose to you from time to time.
- Information regarding your use of the Site, such as the frequency of your visits to the Site and use of resources provided on or through our Site.
How do we use your information?
We will use the Information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with opportunities to participate in a Researcher relationship with us and for other services and information we may offer through our Site.
- To respond to requests you may make of us, so that we may better understand your needs and how we can improve our website, products and services.
- To contact you directly and to administer your account with us.
- To send you information that we think you may find interesting or useful which originates from us or from our partners.
- To pool your Information with that of others, such as to derive business statistics for our internal use.
- Any and all uses will comply with applicable laws.
You are under no obligation to provide Information to us. However, when registering on our Site, or from time to time during your relationship with us, you may opt in or out of certain types of communications that may affect the Information we gather. We reserve the right to inform you that such opting out may prevent you from enjoying the full benefits of our Site or from participating as a Researcher with us.
Cookies and Information Storage
Like other sites on the internet, our Site will use your Information and pool it with the information of others, such as tracking the total number of visitors to our Site, the number of visitors to each page of our Site, and the domain names of our visitors’ internet service providers.
Our Site uses a technology called “cookies,” which are pieces of information the computer hosting our site gives to your computer (more precisely to your browser) when you access a website. Our cookies help provide additional functionality to the Site or help us analyze site usage more accurately.
Information that you provide to us may be stored, processed and transferred by us or by third parties. Currently, we store the Information that you submit through our Site on secure servers located in the United States. Unified Patents reserves the right to store, process or transfer your Information as needed, including to offices or third parties residing or working outside of the United States. By submitting your Information through our Site, you agree, with a waiver of any future notice, to the storing, processing and transferring of your Information by us.
We have adopted reasonable security measures, including the use of industry standard secure socket layer encryption (SSL), to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your Information under our control. You should confirm that your browser supports encryption protection. Even with appropriate security precautions, the secure submission of information over the internet can never be guaranteed. Any submissions of Information you make are at your own risk and we encourage you to take all precautions that you can to protect the confidentiality of your Information.
Links to Third Parties